ISSA Education Foundation Scholarship General Guidelines:
- Recipient will be enrolled in an academic program which demonstrates an interest in Information Security but need not be an ISSA member.
- Be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior or enrolled in a Graduate program as of the semester/quarter in which the award is received (Fall Term).
- Recipient must be enrolled in an accredited college or university that is authorized to confer degrees at or above the baccalaureate level.
- Checks for approved grant or scholarship recipients are made payable to the educational institution the recipient will attend.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria that will be evaluated includes:
- Academic Excellence: Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for undergraduates or 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for graduates. Please attach an unofficial transcript from current or most recent institution.
- Work Experience: Security-related work experience and/or completed security coursework.
- Community Service: Volunteer work in the cybersecurity, information technology field, or other relevant areas.
- Extracurricular Activities: relating to information security, such as volunteer work, attendance at conferences, and cybersecurity competitions.
- Personal Statement: A short narrative describing applicant’s background, chosen academic program, interests and goals in the information security field.
- Relevant Certifications/Clubs: List memberships in cybersecurity or information technology professional organizations, certifications or relevant student clubs.
- Letters of Recommendation: At least two letters of recommendation, including one from a current/former instructor/faculty member.
Post Award Activities:
- Final candidates may be asked to participate in a thirty-minute telephone interview with a Scholarship Committee member.
- Final candidates are subject to a background check, upon the scholarship committee’s discretion.
- The Foundation Board of Directors and its Scholarship Committee serve as the selection board for all grants and scholarships.
All completed paperwork should be submitted to the ISSA Education Foundation Scholarship Committee no later than the designated deadline for each annual scholarship application period.