ISSA Education Foundation is excited to offer multiple opportunities to pursue Cybersecurity
- ISSAEF Scholarships
- ISSA Chapter Scholarships
- SANS E. Eugene Schultz, Jr. Memorial Training Scholarship
- CSA Professional Development Grant
Scholarship/Grant Application Period Opens February 1, 2021
Attention all current and future Cybersecurity Professionals. Let ISSA Education Foundation help fund your academic pursuits with the below scholarships and grants. See below for specific scholarships being offered by ISSAEF and ISSA Chapters, and sponsorships by SANS and CSA.
ISSA Education Foundation Scholarships
Must be either at the sophomore, junior, senior or graduate levels to be considered.
- $3,500 – Howard A. Schmidt Memorial Scholarship for undergraduate studies
- $3,500 – E. Eugene Schultz, Jr., Memorial Scholarship for graduate studies
- $2,000 – Shon Harris WIS (Women in Security) Memorial Scholarship for either undergraduate or graduate studies
Alamo ISSA Chapter
- $1,500 scholarship – George “Chip” Meadows Memorial Scholarship – 4-year San Antonio College or University
- Two $1,000 scholarships – 4-year San Antonio College or University
- Alamo Women’s Scholarship: Focuses on broadening the number of women in the Cybersecurity/Information Security industry.
- Alamo Minority Scholarship: Focuses on broadening the number of underrepresented groups* in the Cybersecurity/Information Security industry. (*Defined as people of color who do not self-identify as White or Caucasian).
- $500 – 2-year San Antonio College
Below are some of the eligible Colleges and Universities in the San Antonio, Texas area:
- NE Lakeview College www.alamo.edu/nlc/
- NW Vista College www.alamo.edu/nvc/
- Palo Alto College www.alamo.edu/pac/
- St. Philip’s College www.alamo.edu/spc/
- San Antonio College www.alamo.edu/sac/
- Hallmark University www.hallmarkuniversity.edu/
- Incarnate Word www.uiw.edu/
- Trinity new.trinity.edu
- Univ of Texas at San Antonio www.utsa.edu/
SANS E. Eugene Schultz, Jr., Memorial Training Scholarship
SANS continues to support ISSA Education Foundation by sponsoring an opportunity to select one of their superior courses to continue your education in cybersecurity. Identify a SANS training course of great interest to you and the review committee will select one recipient annually. You must reside in North America to be eligible.
CSA Professional Development Grant
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is sponsoring grants (up to $2,000 annually) for individuals seeking to increase their knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity. Do you have interest in a course that could provide ongoing skill development, provide a path to a promotion, or transition into cybersecurity? This opportunity is for you.